Etamsylate

I am nearing menopause and periods have become irregular. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 48 years old. I have been experiencing irregular periods, which I realize as normal as I am entering menopause age. Last month, I did not get my period. But, this month it has been a heavy and lengthy one for more than 17 days now. I felt the normal fatigue and today, I have been fe...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have bleeding and you have to change two to three pads per day, then you do not have to do anything for bleeding on urgent basis. At 48 years of age, if you are bleeding heavily, then better get an appointment and check your cervix and the other things. If requ...  Read Full »

I am bleeding after four days of tonsillectomy. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor,I just had my tonsils taken out before four days. Today, I took a walk down the mall and started to bleed a lot from my mouth. I rush to the hospital, and the doctor asked me to rest. As soon as I got home, I tasted blood and spat a lot of blood again. What should I do?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleeding after tonsillectomy is one of the most common complications. What you should do immediately is have some ice creams. This constricts the blood vessels and stops bleeding. Bleeding three or four days post operation is most likely due to infection. Are you under an...  Read Full »