Q. My right ear feels stuffed. What could be the reason?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

Hello doctor,

I have a feeling that my right ear is stuffed. I have no other symptoms. My GP just gave me antibiotics. But, I am worried that I might have something serious since I used to know somebody with Meniere's disease.

#

• For how long are you having these symptoms?  Do you have a history of nasal congestion or throat infection in the recent past?

Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I have been feeling this for a week now. I think I had a very slight congestion on the same side (left nostril).

#

Thanks for the information.

• You are probably having a eustachian tube blockage due to nasal congestion causing a popping up sensation and fullness.
  • You should get an X-ray of the paranasal sinuses done and send me the pictures.
  • I suggest you try taking a tablet containing Levocetirizine and Pseudoephedrine twice daily along with antibiotics and use Xylometazoline nasal drops thrice a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • Take a steam inhalation and chew a gum. That will also help decongest the tube and relieve the symptoms.

Follow up with the reports so that I can suggest you better. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you for the suggestions.

#

You are always welcome with any further questions. I hope my advice proves useful for you. Get well soon. Regards.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|