Q. What is the sound that I hear when I close my ears with my fingers?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

Whenever I close my ears with my fingers, I hear a very faint sound in my right ear from the past couple of weeks. And when I remove my fingers, the sound stops. What is this sound that I hear?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• This sound can be normal. When we close our ears, we do not hear outside sound, so we feel that there is some sound coming from our body.
  • To rule out any pressure changes in your ear, you can get a test called tympanometry.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|