I had an ear infection a year before. I now have the same symptoms (bleeding from the nose and pressure in the ear). I used Neomycin and Polymyxin B sulfates, and Hydrocortisone optic solutions ear drops, but it looks like it is not enough for five days. Can you prescribe me or add any other medicine because it came back?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
You need to be worried about nothing as this is a very common entity that we come across and is treatable. You have probably developed an acute infection of the eardrum due to eustachian tube catarrh, and that is why there is severe pain.
You can consider the following treatment advice.
1. Take a tablet containing a combination of Cefuroxime 500 mg plus Potassium clavulanate 125 mg one tablet three times a day for five days. This is an antibiotic and can create loose motions in a few. If you happen to develop loose motions, you can start probiotics one tablet in the morning and evening for the next week.
2. Take tablet Zerodol P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) one tablet two times a day after food 12 hours apart for five days. This is an anti-inflammatory and pain killer.
3. Please stop using earbuds at any cost as it introduces a new infection into the ear canal and can be the reason for excruciating folliculitis. You can end up traumatizing the ear canal and eardrum since cleaning your ear on your own is completely a blind technique. The wax, which usually falls off on its own due to jaw movements, gets further pushed inside the ear and can cause trouble.
4. Take tablet Sinarest (Paracetamol, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride and Chlorpheniramine maleate) one tablet in the morning and evening after food for one week.
5. Keep your ears dry.
6. Nasal drops containing Oxy/Xylometazoline three drops three times a day for one week.
7. Stay away from the dust by wearing an N95 mask as much as possible.
8. Do steam inhalations three to four times a day for one week.
I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
I would like to suggest you try: Steam inhalation and warm saline gargling ... Read fullI have plugged sensation in my right ear for the past six months. Kindly help.
Taking steam inhalation three to four times a day ... Read fullHad a bypass surgery. Can I take Actifed and Otrivine nasal drops together?
.. suggest it is better to space these out at least two hours apart. Give a gap of two hours before taking other after taking one. Pseudoephedrine and Oxymetazoline have common alpha agonist activity, can increase, give a surge in BP, especially if y... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist Now