Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

What causes ringing noise and humming alternatively?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 69 year old retired internist. I am not taking any regular medication other than Aspirin 325 mg. I have no known allergies and have never smoked. I do not have any medical history of thyroid disease, autoimmune diseases or Paget's disease. Around four to five weeks back, I noted th...  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are suffering from is known as tinnitus. It is not a disease itself rather a symptom due to various underlying causes like age related, hypertension, impacted wax, fluid in middle ear, patulous eustachian tube, TMJD (temperomandibular joint disorder), hypert...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am having tinnitus in my right ear. My PTA hearing test says R - 17 dB and L - 10 dB. My doctor informed me that there is slight nerve damage and it is causing tinnitus and slight hearing loss. He said that there is no cure for it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your PTA (pure tone audiometry) showing minimal hearing loss in right ear and normal hearing in the left. I do not think this minimal hearing loss cause the tinnitus unless the hearing loss is progressive. Tinnitus is not a disease. It is a symptom due to many unde...  Read Full »

What is the reason for ear pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. From the past two weeks, there is a slight pain in my right ear. I tried Clear Wax ear drops and normal ear drops then there is a relief for a certain period then again mild pain is coming the next day. When I wake up in the morning there is a very slight headache k...  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cough which occurs during ear cleaning is due to stimulus to your auricular branch of the vagus nerve, which is normal. Now coming to your problem, many times mild pain occurs due to impacted wax or ETD (eustachian tube dysfunction). Both cases it is advisable to...  Read Full »