Q. Please help me to overcome my exam phobia?

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 17, 2021

I am 18 years old and studying for my final exams. My problem is exam phobia. I am so scared of failure during an exam and due to this, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. I am suffering from this issue for the past two years and it really affects my studies. Please help.

#

I completely understand that you feel concerned about your performance during exams.

It might be due to the experience of failure in an exam or due to any negative experience related to your academics or school.

Psychological assessment by a psychologist is needed to confirm the diagnosis and investigation related to anxiety during other social or performance is required.

You need to go to a psychologist for complete psychological assessment. Then, you need counseling or psychotherapy sessions to overcome your phobia and anxiety related to exams.

I appreciate that you consulted at this state of extreme anxiety. You urgently need psychotherapy sessions to prevent your symptoms increasing by the time.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|