Q. Please help me to overcome my exam phobia?

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

I am 18 years old and studying for my final exams. My problem is exam phobia. I am so scared of failure during an exam and due to this, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. I am suffering from this issue for the past two years and it really affects my studies. Please help.

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

I completely understand that you feel concerned about your performance during exams.

It might be due to the experience of failure in an exam or due to any negative experience related to your academics or school.

Psychological assessment by a psychologist is needed to confirm the diagnosis and investigation related to anxiety during other social or performance is required.

You need to go to a psychologist for complete psychological assessment. Then, you need counseling or psychotherapy sessions to overcome your phobia and anxiety related to exams.

I appreciate that you consulted at this state of extreme anxiety. You urgently need psychotherapy sessions to prevent your symptoms increasing by the time.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

| 

How to approach my exam anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am tensed about my board exams that are approaching. I have much fear and stress. I can understand whatever my teacher teaches. But after some time, I forget everything. I can understand my theoretical questions. But I am unable to express them in words.  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now