Q. What are the ways to stay calm and happy during exam preparation?

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Published on Jul 08, 2019

I am a student and I have been good at studies always. And I want to be a doctor but I somehow could not manage to get a seat in government medical college. I did not work hard enough. I am 21 now. My parents are very supportive and I am preparing for exam. But I am really scared of everything. I know I am stronger than this but how can I stay calm and happy during this process?

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

I understand your problem. It is actually very tough phase. But all you need to do is gather yourself back, tell yourself that you can and will be able to do it. Try this. Make a full-proof plan. Executive with full motivation. If you feel that there were some mistakes you did in the past, then rectify them. Do not give up. Study in group or in library if you cannot study alone or get distracted. Make short term plans. You can have one or two counseling sessions if you want.

How to cope with exam failure?

Query: Hello doctor, I failed around five times in CA final exam. My next exam is in a month time. I have not studied yet because I am so much depressed and demotivated. I am scared of failing this time also. My future is dark. Mentally, I am very much stressed which leads to the symptoms of high blood ...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my depression?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full »

Exams trigger my OCD. Can I take Prodep just for a month?

Query: Hello doctor, I have OCD for past seven years. My OCD is triggered only during my exams. Last year, I took Prodep 20 mg one month before exams and then stopped. I have my exams coming up next month. I have OCD attack, not able to concentrate on studies. Is it alright to use Prodep 20 mg for one mont...  Read Full »