iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychologist/ Counselorexcessive masturbationI feel shy and depressed due to masturbation. Kindly help.

How can a 20-year-old male overcome masturbation tendencies, shyness, and depression?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 23, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 30, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor

I am a 20-year-old male. I have been masturbating for nearly four years, and it has made me really low and depressed. I do not open up with people and cannot talk or meet eyes to eyes with girls. I feel really shy, and my attitude is not good. I do not want myself to be like this. Moreover, my penis is thin and short. Please help.

Masturbation is a healthy practice done by every individual. There are no side effects of masturbation. The guilt generated as the result of misconception about masturbation leads to stress and anxiety, which in turn causes ill effects on the mind and health but not the masturbation. So start doing your work sincerely, set an academic goal, and be passionate about it. When you succeed, your stress and anxiety will decrease, and your confidence will increase. You can join a gym or follow a physical exercise routine. Practice deep breathing and meditation.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Psychologist/ Counselor

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy