Q. I masturbate excessively and feel depressed with guilt. Please help.

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

I am 18 years old. I am a student and I am excessively addicted to masturbation. I cannot concentrate in fact I started doing sex with my partner regularly. I just treat her as satisfactory material and this causes a deep regret in me. I am not good at studies anymore as well as I just cannot concentrate. Everything in my life is stuck out with my problem. It started when I was in class 7 I saw a porn film then all this has been started and now I am just like addicted. Please help me out I am in a great depression, sometimes I feel like I should end up my life how should I overcome with it?

#

I can understand your problem. First of all, it must clear to you also that it is harmless practice, which is done by almost 100%male and 70% of females in there lifetime. I mean it common in your age. Do not feel guilty, this activity will not affect your married life, you will be able to produce children.

Yes, it is a release process, and not have any ill effect until it becomes an obsession and interfere in your functioning. You can quit it by diversion of your thoughts, try to seek interest in other activities and make a friend. Involve in your hobbies, do moderate exercise. You can have sex with your partner no problem in it.

If unable to relief with above you can go for pharmacotherapy like Prodep.

|