Exercise Tips

Please suggest some exercises without equipment to lose weight.

Query: Hello doctor, I want to lose my weight. I am very obsessed. I want to get slim. Please tell me some exercises to lose weight. Please tell me exercises that I can do anywhere without any types of equipment.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two very good exercises with which you can lose weight without equipment are as follows. Running is considered the best exercise for improving cardiac status and losing weight. A 30 minutes run each day five days a week. Skipping is also a good exercise that can be d...  Read Full »

I have polymyositis. Is my exercise plan good to follow?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a health and exercise question. I am 24 years old and I weigh 293 lbs, 5'9". I have polymyositis. I started a new workout today. I did five pushups, five reps, five squats, eight reps, 20 standing stiff leg ups, seven reps, five flys, eight rep, 10 curls, 10 reps using two eigh...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having polymyositis, you should start with a fewer resistance exercise and more of stretching exercises to improve flexibility. Yes, the exercise plan you made is fine for a good start. But maintain the muscle length through stretching exercises before initiation of the...  Read Full »

What is the right time to exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an advice on what is the right time to exercise during the day? Let me tell you that currently, I can only manage to walk on the treadmill and do the cycling in the gym. So I have two options in terms of time. One, in the morning before the breakfast and the second one is in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your body’s core temperature is an important factor in determining the quality of exercise. A cold body causes muscles stiff, inefficient, and susceptible to sprains whereas higher body temperatures leave muscles more flexible, more adjustable for workouts. B...  Read Full »