Q. I have low mental exhaustion threshold. I am unable to concentrate. Please help.

Dr. Saurav Arora
Published on Sep 30, 2017

My brain is getting exhausted after reading books or journals or watching movies or TV continuously for few hours. My mental exhaustion threshold is 80 to 85 % less than that of the normal person. It lasts for two to five days or more depending on the intensity. During that time my mind is not allowing me to go through the same activity and reacts very slowly. I am unable to concentrate, and many times I am involuntarily closing my eyes, that is, going to sleep. I have mental and muscular fatigue even for a small study or work. Due to this, I am sad and depressed. Hence, I stopped studying and felt better. My remote memory is also less. I am unable to recollect 10 % of what I read before five days. Please help me to fix my memory and early mental exhaustion. There is no history of a headache, insomnia, loss of appetite, or weight loss. My sexual desires are fluctuating. I was operated for bilateral cataract at the age of 18 years. I was under tablet Venlafaxine 150 mg, for two years. I had done the sleep study, MRI brain, thyroid, CBC, 2D echo, treadmill, etc., which were normal. Since many medicines are available in homeopathy, help me to choose the right one as I need to prepare for the entrance exam, where I need to read for 15 hours a day.

Dr. Saurav Arora

Homeopathy
#

• Keeping your symptoms in view, my suggestions are as follows:
  1. The mind is related to our lifestyle and thinking. Try to relax and give yourself some time in between the things to avoid brain exhaustion. Try to make a timeline to reduce your stress and not to add.
  2. You can start taking Gelsemium 200, four drops in half a cup of water and Kali phos 30X four tablets, thrice daily for a month. These are homeopathic medicines and are completely safe. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  3. You need to do some physical activity like brisk walking for 15 to 20 minutes, five times a week.
  4. You can also get a hemogram, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), LFT (Liver function test) and RFT (Renal function test) done.

For further queries consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician

I have to take Gelsemium 200 for how many days and how many times a day? I read online and felt that it will be a good medicine for me. It is mentioned that the patient would have insomnia, but I sleep well at night-time.

Dr. Saurav Arora

Homeopathy
#

• Gelsemium 200, four drops thrice daily. It is a constitutional medicine and is used in various conditions.

For further queries consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician

How to overcome insomnia and memory problems?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past three months I have been suffering from worsening insomnia. I fall asleep with great difficulty. I used to get a light fragmented sleep, where I wake up several times and have many dreams. In fact do not even know if I have fallen asleep or not. I just know that time has pass...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. From what you have mentioned, it seems that you may be suffering from anxiety or stress related disorders. The symptoms that points towards anxiety or stress related disorders include tremors, twitching, sweating, insomnia, tiredness an...  Read Full

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full

Will increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is very important for the baby's brain growth as rightly said by you. Therefore, it is imperative that we treat aggressively. Target TSH in the first trimester is 0.3 - 2.5 mIU/L and therefore the doctor did not change the treatment. I ho...  Read Full

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now