Exposure And Response Prevention

Is there any permanent cure for my unwanted thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am keep on getting unwanted thoughts and feelings related to the environment around in the vicinity. I am getting images of god, food items, fecal matter, song lyrics, animal skin feeling sensation, etc. There are countless examples. I am getting some racing feeling while resisting my t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The intrusive thoughts and ideas you have mentioned are related to obsessive thoughts and should be evaluated properly. Obsessions are repetitive, unwanted, intrusive, repugnant, dominating ideas, impulses or thoughts that are purposeless an...  Read Full »

The therapist wants to reintroduce the abuser to my child. Is this standard protocol?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a child who was severely abused (physical, domestic, verbal, and emotional abuse) from birth to age 5 by their biological father. At age 5, their biological father was not allowed to see our child and it remained that way for about seven years. My child is 12 now and has been dia...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your therapist is doing it properly. It can be part of the management, but I would like to suggest that it will be better to first introduce pictures of the biological father or his accessories and observe the reaction of your child. Then, in the follow-up session...  Read Full »

How to overcome my extreme fear of vomiting?

Query: Hello doctor, I have emetophobia, and I hate falling asleep¬†because I always think I will throw up.  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fear of vomiting should be tackled step by step. I suggest you avoid places and things you associate with vomiting. Anxiety has a way of fooling you into believing that you are going to vomit when you actually feel only nauseated. You believe it even when it has ne...  Read Full »