Eye Floaters

What are the possible causes for getting eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of allergies and medical issues (rhinitis, bronchial asthma, sacroiliitis, viral keratitis post lasik, iron deficiency anemia, and panniculitis). I have had high IgE levels of nearly 800 kU/L for the last ten to fifteen years without any rise in specific allergen. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your report (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). All the weak areas of your retina are lasered as per the reports, and they have not mentioned any unlasered fresh tears or holes. You can take capsule Carovit forte, but I c...  Read Full »

I am suffering from eye floater problem. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from eye floater problem since four years, in which, I see grey shapes in front of my eyes and also observing headache. My left eye vision is -3.1, and right eye vision is -1.8.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are near-sighted (myopic) person. Seeing floaters points to the fact that there might be early changes of vitreous degeneration in your eye which itself is not a problem but it may cause undue traction on your retina. Here is what I suggest: You have to visit a...  Read Full »

I get flashes or lightening in the eye. What could it be due to?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 50 year old female. I get flashes or lightning in the eye. I am taking medicines for diabetes, blood pressure, and thyroid.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is the age where you get posterior vitreous detachment. It is a naturally occurring age-related phenomenon where the vitreous jelly separates from one's retina and in this process, one might experience a ring-like floater and probably some flashes. Some warning...  Read Full »

How common is it to have a -12 eyesight in a 19 year old?

Query: Hello doctor, I am only 19. I am -12.00 in both the eyes. It is even higher than my mom's. Is this common, and is it very high? I saw the eye doctor and he said my eyes were healthy but the high prescription is worrying. I do not believe I see anything different other than some floaters when I turn...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have high myopia. This high an error is not common. If you have a complaint of floaters, then consult a vitreoretinal expert. He will also rule out any retinal tears. I must advise you to keep getting your eyes checked every six months or so. Do not engage ...  Read Full »

Is spending 10 hours a day at the computer too much?

Query: Hi doctor, I have always had floaters, and almost like a visual snow which is more prevalent at night. I had anxiety as a teenager and I noticed the floaters after I developed high anxiety. I have a 20/20 vision otherwise. Recently, I developed astigmatism, a very slight case. I spend a lot of time ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are so aware. I will try to answer your queries one by one. Floaters at this early age, are not common, but the good thing here is that you have got your retina checked and have no tears or lattices. I advise you to keep getting yourself ch...  Read Full »