Q. Can I get redness in the eye and headache from using new glasses?

Dr. Gargi Madhukar Apte

I recently got a new high-power glass. After using it I have started to experience redness in the eye and headache. What could be the reason? Kindly help me.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

When you shift to new high-powered glasses, it will take time for the eyes to get adjusted to them and if in case you are using glasses for the first time then it will take more time than usual. But headache and redness may be a sign that the eyes are not getting adjusted to it and you need to consult your ophthalmologist for rechecking. Till then you can defer the use of glasses and if the symptom has gotten better then the refractive error needs to be rechecked. Also, provide more information about you like your age, history of usage of glasses, and current prescription.

Kindly revert back in case you have more queries.

Hello doctor

Thank you for responding so quickly. The patient is my mother. She has been using glasses for the past 17 years. Recently she got her eyes checked, and the doctor has prescribed new glasses. She started using the glasses two days back, and from then she is having the problem. So, the doctor has prescribed her two eyedrops, Eco Tears and Eyesurge-D.

#

Welcome back to icliniq,com

How many times the Eyesuge-D eyedrops is prescribed? Did your mother have redness in the eye earlier? If she is not having redness or allergy then you can stop using the Eyesurge-D eyedrop by reducing the dosage to one drop a time every three days.

|