Q. Why am I having itching and burning sensation in eyes while using contact lenses?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Jun 22, 2019

I have contacts on and they bother me so much. If I take them out I want to scratch so bad, my eye burns and itches.

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

If you are having trouble with your contacts, you should discontinue wearing contacts and consult an ophthalmologist for an eye exam. Discomfort with contacts may be due to allergy to contacts or lens solution or it may be due to dry eyes (due to contacts) and in such cases contacts can make abrasions, ulcer on your cornea that would need a treatment.

So, get your eyes evaluated from an eye specialist to diagnose the exact cause and get it treated appropriately. You are welcome for any queries.

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dry eye syndrome is a condition which can best be managed but cannot be treated, since it is caused by multiple factors like age, environment, etc. The good thing is that it is not dangerous. You are already using Systane (Propylene glycol) and Ara gel (Hydroxypropyl me...  Read Full

I am having explosive diarrhea since three months. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am having diarrhea since three to four months. What actually is happening is I am getting large amount of water which is clear with small broken pieces of feces. Also, I can see tissue like (lace-like) mucus like things in my feces. I have abdominal discomfort when I do not defecate. ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, you could have a chronic infection or inflammatory condition of the colon associated with malabsorption. It could be a number of things so we need to approach in a stepwise manner. If symptoms are associated with certain food intakes like dairy or g...  Read Full

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full