Q. Why am I having itching and burning sensation in eyes while using contact lenses?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

I have contacts on and they bother me so much. If I take them out I want to scratch so bad, my eye burns and itches.

#

If you are having trouble with your contacts, you should discontinue wearing contacts and consult an ophthalmologist for an eye exam. Discomfort with contacts may be due to allergy to contacts or lens solution or it may be due to dry eyes (due to contacts) and in such cases contacts can make abrasions, ulcer on your cornea that would need a treatment.

So, get your eyes evaluated from an eye specialist to diagnose the exact cause and get it treated appropriately. You are welcome for any queries.

|