Q. I feel like there is hair in my right eye, and I have pain. Why?

Dr. Asha Juliet Barboza
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2021

I waked up in the morning with eye pain in my right eye. I think that I have hair stuck in it. I am unable to open it. It hurts a lot when I move my eyes around or while trying to open it.

#

You seem to have two probable causes. You can have a foreign body on the top of the cornea or conjunctiva or under the eyelid. You can examine your eyes by seeing a mirror. If you see anything like a foreign body, then wash your eyes using water. Unknowingly, you can injured your cornea at night. You can have a second possibility as corneal abrasion. If it is not painful, then you can use lubricating eye drops every hour till your symptoms subside. Alternatively, you can use a sterile eye pad, antibiotic eye ointment, and micropore plaster. Apply ointment in your eyes and patch your eyes for 12 to 24 hours. It helps in healing corneal abrasion faster. If you have a foreign body on your eyes, then wash it for five minutes. If it persists even after doing it, then you can remove it by consulting an eye specialist.

|