Q. My eye pain started after looking solar eclipse with naked eye for a few seconds. Please help.

Dr. Peter Mark Chao

I watched the solar eclipse through mobile and naked eye too maybe for 1 or 2 seconds. Now I am having pain in my left eye for 12 hours since.

#

I need to ask some valuable questions to better assess and give you an appropriate diagnosis and treatment for your problem.

Can you send a picture? Does one eye or both eyes are affected? Does it have eye discharge? Tearing? Redness? Or only pain? Does the pain extend to the head? Are you instilling any eyedrop?

I am having pain only in one eye last night. I was having a headache too but right now only the left eye is hurting. No there is no discharge, tearing, or redness.

#

It looks like eye strain. No blurring of vision right? You can try instilling a lubricant like Hypromellose or Cellufresh or Systane eye drops 1 drop three to four times a day for about one or two weeks. This can be bought over the counter. Lessen the use of gadgets or computers as well and take the right hours of sleep. Usually, you will feel better.

|