Q. What are the ways to cure pain in eye with mild pressure?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Mar 07, 2019

I have eye pain in left side eye, minor or weird feel in the left side or have mild pressure on side of the eye. It is nearly there for the past four days. It is very awkward. Please help. Is it a sign of concern or anything else?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

There are different causes of mild pain in the eye. It may be due to some foreign body or decrease to increased intraocular pressure in the eye. Some times people with sinusitis feel heaviness in the back of the eye. As your vision is same there is no emergency but if the pain is persistent or worsening you should consult an eye specialist for a complete eye exam to diagnose the exact cause of pain.

I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I h...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.In such a patient what we would do is a laryngoscopy. Just to rule out any growth or inflammation. Chronic sinusitis due to contact post nasal drip tends to cause reflux-related symptoms and globus feeling. Secondly, we need to check your hemoglobin status to rule out Pl...  Read Full

I have an eye pain after I got hit by a toy bullet. Do I need to visit a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain in and around the eye after I got hit by a toy gun bullet unexpectedly. There is a slight redness in the cornea and a pricking sensation below the eye ball.  Read Full >>

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is a blunt trauma, you have to be treated immediately. Pain is a significant symptom which needs to be evaluated soon because it could be due to superficial tears or abrasions. You will need a slit lamp examination. Later, you will also need a retina screening to...  Read Full

Can chronic sinusitis lead to asthma?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male with chronic sinusitis. I was exposed to lead and asbestos while serving in the shipyards about 20 years ago. I now draw disability for chronic sinusitis. Recently, my episodes have been turning into bronchitis and even pneumonia more and more frequently. Just ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Yes, chronic sinusitis can cause asthma. Recurrent respiratory tract infections including sinusitis can cause asthma especially adult onset asthma. But better to first get done spirometry study with bronchodilator reversibility. If spirome...  Read Full