HomeAnswersNeurologyeye painI have been having severe pain behind my eye which spreads all over the head for the past 10 years. What could be the reason?

What could be the reason for chronic eye pain and headaches?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 18, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 24, 2023

Patient's Query

I have had harsh pain for the past 10 years which starts behind the eye and then slowly spreads all over the head. This is not regular pain, it goes after taking an analgesic but comes back after some time.

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Hitesh Kumar

I would like to know some details of your problem:

1. Since when have you started to have headaches?
  2. In which areas of your head?
  3. What kind of headache is this heaviness, throbbing, stretching, bursting, shooting pain, electric current-like pain, or some other kind?
  4. Is it severe, moderate, or mild?
  5. Does mild headache also happen persistently?
  6. In episodic headaches, how long does one episode of it last (from onset to complete relief without medication)?
  7. How frequent are these headache episodes? How many times in a week?
  8. Do you feel any vomiting or watering from the eye, redness in the eye, or nasal congestion during a headache?
  9. How is your mood?
  10. How is your sleep? How is your vision? Do you have any nasal stuffiness, post nasal drip in the back of the throat?
  11. Have you noticed any trigger factors for this headache?
  12. Have you had sleep difficulty?
  13. Have you ever undergone MRI or CT head? If yes, what had been the reports?

Please revert back with the answers.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Hitesh Kumar
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Neurology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

eye painheadache

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Neurology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy