Q. I want my eyebrows and eyelashes to be thicker. Help me.

Answered by
Dr. Atul Bhatla
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: May 04, 2019

Hello Doctor,

I have very thin and short eyelashes and eyebrows. I want thicker and longer eyebrows and eyelashes.

Please help me.

Dr. Atul Bhatla

Ayurveda Specialist


Welcome to icliniq.com

Thickness and size of eyelashes and eyebrows depend on your genetic inheritance.

If your genetic makeup indicates your eyelashes to be thin then they will not grow bigger than your genes allow.

In case your genetic material indicates your eyelashes to be thick and beautiful and because of some disease they do not grow well, the following steps will help:

  • Treat dandruff or any other fungal infection of scalp and skin underlying eyebrows.
  • Apply almond oil, not refined almond oil (since it has mineral oil mixed with it) but pure almond oil namely badam rogan. It will make your eyebrows grow thicker gradually.

Consult an ayurveda specialist online for further queries --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Please suggest tips for very dry skin.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.  Read Full »

Is my hair fall due to shampooing daily and dandruff?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a dandruff problem for very long. So, I started shampooing my hair every day. Even then skipping even a single day of shampooing leaves my hair full of dirt and makes it completely oily. And an itchy scalp is always there no matter what I do. I have started losing a lot of ha...  Read Full »

Can a gay man father a child?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a gay, married to a woman and had sex with my wife. My question is can my sperms impregnate my wife? If it happens, my children will be straight or gay?  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.