Q. Why is my left eyelid swollen, itchy, and painful?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

left eyelid very swollen and itchy with pain. It is also very itchy and painful and also having a white discharge from eye. I have been having the issue for a week and it is not getting any better

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

According to picture you have send its likely to be infective in origin. So you have to take antibiotics for the treatment.

• Tab amoxiclav 625 mg daily twice for 5 days.
  • Topical antibiotic drops moxifloxacine 8 times a day you have to put in your eyes.
  • Carboxymethyal cellulose eye drops 8 times a day.

All these you have to take for 1 weeks. Then you will be fine.

Infection

As per now nothing

? Sty

Infected lid swelling

As mention above

Do not rub your eye
Do not touch your eye

After 1 week

| 
Thank you so much, how to I get the prescription for the medicine?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

As you know this is just a query you have asked me so I can't give you prescription in a format. That's why I have written Medicine in your query. If you want prescription than you have to consult. Thank you

| 

My lower eyelids are swollen. Kindly suggest a remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye corner is swollen and having pain when I close my eyes for the last two days. Swelling is on the edge of the lower lid. My baby threw his soft toy which kind of touched my eye two days ago. From then onwards I am having this issue. Kindly suggest a remedy.  Read Full »

Is parasitic eye infection contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?  Read Full »

I have frequent and recurring stye problem.Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have frequent and recurring stye problem. Please advise.  Read Full »