Q. Why is my left eyelid swollen, itchy, and painful?

Dr. Pooja Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

My left eyelid is swollen and itchy with pain. I have white discharge from my eyes. I have this issue for a week and it is not getting better.

#

According to the picture, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you seem to have an infection. You need to take antibiotics to treat it. You can take tablet Amoxiclav 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. You can use topical antibiotic drops Moxifloxacin eight times a day. You can use Carboxymethyl cellulose eye drops eight times a day. You need to follow these medications for a week and you will become fine soon.

You seem to have an infection.

You can have a stye.

You seem to have infected lid swelling.

Follow as mentioned above.

Do not rub and touch your eye.

Have a follow-up after a week.

How to get a prescription?

#

You cannot get a prescription here.

|