Q. Why are my pimples more visible after using new face product?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I am using new face product. But, it made the tiny pimples and bumps more visible. Am I experiencing purging phase?

#

I have read your concern.

• Since you are using face products over face, have you done patch test over face before starting?
  • I would like to tell you, always do patch test over face before starting any new face product.
  • Method of patch test is that you should apply little amount of face product over postauricular area and wait for at least 24 to 48 hours. If you feel no burning or redness over the applied area then only you should continue application.
  • Now, the treatment plan is to stop using face product. Apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice daily for five days and take tablet Levocetirizine once daily for five days.

Revert back after five days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|