HomeAnswersEndocrinologyfacial hairI have facial hair growth near my chin region. Kindly help.

How can excessive hair growth in the chin region of a 26-year-old be managed?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At August 29, 2022
Reviewed AtOctober 11, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 26 years old (164 lbs weight and 5 feet 4 inches in height), and I am facing an issue of facial hair growth, which is bizarre these days. I got myself checked and had a report suggesting that there could be a cyst-like growth pattern; for that, I had all medicines for PCOS. I have had my regular cycle of periods each month for the past six months, but over the past several months, the chin region hair growth has been getting worse and I feel I must not ignore it. Please let me know what should be done from this stage. Also, kindly suggest what measures I should take to ensure a better and healthy lifestyle.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh


Welcome to Icliniq.com.

I read your query, and I understand your concern.

Facial hair growth is usually associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) only, but as you mentioned, your polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is under control. Hence, another thing is it can be due to hormonal issues. So I suggest you do a thyroid function test once and send me your reports. You can also go for an ultrasound examination of the pelvic organ to know the status of the cyst. If everything comes normal, we can go for further treatment, including laser therapy. If there are hormonal changes or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), we have to go with medical treatment, so kindly do these tests and let me know. Also, kindly send the following details for further reference.

1. Can you please send a picture of the hair you have on your face?

2. What medications are you taking currently?

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sugreev Singh
Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy