Family Relations

Will my husband shouting at me affect my baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is very broadminded and good hearted. He is an all rounder in every arena, both at home and outside. He can manage anything and can do any task. But, he quickly gets irritated when saw any flaw around. He expects me to be 100% perfectionist in any work at home. Due to the irr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are facing a hard time dealing with your husband at times he gets irritated and you feel concerned about your baby if she gets affected by this attitude. Here, I am telling you something related to psychological theories and research findi...  Read Full »

How to deal with separation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I am dealing with separation. My husband is possibly a sociopath. He left the city two years ago and wants a divorce now. I am unable to go ahead with it. I need some help for my anxiety and the illusion he created years ago. Also, I was on Daxid 100 mg and stopped no...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivanand B Hiremath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. I would like to know some more details about the problems you are experiencing. Do you have a social support at present from some close family members or children or parents? Are you financially independent? Please give more det...  Read Full »

Is there high risk of heart attack, if other family members die due to it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 15-year-old female. My grandmother, her parents, and two of her brothers, as well as my father, all died before the age of 50 because of heart attack. Do I have a higher risk of dying of a heart attack before the age of 50?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek H Nanda

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to tell you that a strong family history of heart disease or heart attack does not place you at higher risk at all. So please do not worry about it. Now medically, heart diseases do have some level of genetic inheritance, but nobody can as...  Read Full »

How can I come out of depression?

Query: Hello doctor,I am depressing a lot for the past one year because of my personal issues. I do not know why when I am depressed my heart started paining high. It pains a lot. So, I could not concentrate on my studies due to depression. My thoughts are going to it even though I try to control. I want t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can figure out that the whole problem is love here. Let me tell you in this way. See people have a wrong belief that love is only once. Love is always alive within us because we first love our mother, then father, then toys, then games, then school, then friends, t...  Read Full »

I am feeling like an orphan as no one is concerned about me. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Of late I am feeling like an orphan. My mother is always concerned about my sister who got married last year and has an infant. I feel my sister has no time for me and my mother has forgotten me. I give a lot in a relationship but I do not get even a quarter of it in return.  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are going through a tough time emotionally. You are very close to your mother and sister emotionally and feel let down by them. You have mentioned that your sister has an infant and your mother is spending more time with her. Probably your mother feels ...  Read Full »

Why do I get irritated and do not get along my mom?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation on top of my head. This happens after my mom disturbs me whenever I try to study. I get irritated and I do not get along with her because she does not encourage me to study. How can I get rid of this feeling? Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Family Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you need to relax about your studies that for sure you will be able to manage it and be confident about yourself. The second important thing is that whenever you feel your mother is disturbing, you need to take a break for 15 minutes, go out to an open ...  Read Full »

How to cope when a sibling is seriously ill?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a brother who is sick since a month. I am feeling very helpless without him and I am deprived of sleep. I keep thinking about him the whole day. How can I overcome this situation?   Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain of near ones makes you feel helpless. This weakens your strength somehow. Symptoms like lack of sleep, disturbance, and tension occur when you feel stressed for any reason. But you have to be strong for your brother. If you feel low, he will become worse and ...  Read Full »

My wife is very abusive, and she does not like my parents and sister. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is very abusive and says the wrong things sometimes. Her mood goes off, and she remains like that for 2 to 3 days. After which, I have to make a lot of efforts by saying sorry so many times, and then she would become normal. During such a period, she will not talk or talk only...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Use of abusive language, suspiciousness, mood swings lasting for days, excessive irritability, and anger cannot be considered normal, and there is a need to have couple counseling. If she responds well to other people other ...  Read Full »

Am I at risk of having a baby with trisomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I am 23 weeks and three days pregnant now. My first-trimester scan was normal. My anomaly scan was done at 20 weeks six days was fine. My quad test alone is abnormal with raised beta hCG value of 6.54 mIU/mL. Am I at risk of having a baby with trisomy 1? Is it common...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be better if you send me your detailed history regarding previous menstrual, obstetrics, gynecology, medical and drug history. Your age is less risky to have genital anomalies as you are too young. Trisomies are more likely to occur in advanced maternal age. Fa...  Read Full »

I got pregnant outside marriage and feel ashamed. How can I deal with this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant without being married. My boyfriend cheated me. I cannot contact him as he blocked me. I feel so ashamed to see my family. Until now, I never told them that I am pregnant. I want to die. I am mentally disturbed. What should I do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not need to die. Be bold and confident. Take a decision for your pregnancy/child. If you are not enough ready to take responsibility of your child, then go for medical abortion. You do not need to ask anyone for it. Take an appointment with your gynecologist. ...  Read Full »