Family Relations

Family relations play an important role in physiotherapy treatment. Training family members to help with the physiotherapy with some simple physiotherapy exercises helps to increase the patients from hospital setup to a community setup. This transition helps the patients in improving their mental and functional outcomes. This also promotes individualized treatment protocol for the patient. Involving family members can also improve the relationship between the family members.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My wife is very abusive, and she does not like my parents and sister. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is very abusive and says the wrong things sometimes. Her mood goes off, and she remains like that for 2 to 3 days. After which, I have to make a lot of efforts by saying sorry so many times, and then she would become normal. During such a period, she will not talk or talk only...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concerns. Use of abusive language, suspiciousness, mood swings lasting for days, excessive irritability, and anger cannot be considered normal, and there is a need to have couple counseling. If she responds well to other peopl...  Read Full »

My husband has a phone addiction and does not spend quality time with me. What should I do about this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a housewife, and my husband is addicted to the phone. I am emotionally dependent on him, but he never cares about it. I do things to make things interesting in bed, but he does not bother about it and ignores it and sleeps. He never admires me for what I do for him but instead m...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. When a person knows their partner loves them and is not going anywhere, they start taking them for granted and stop caring about them. That is what is happening in your case. You should stop showing your weakness to him at this moment. Just ...  Read Full »

I am worried about my relationship with my mother-in-law. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am depressed and have relationship conflict. I am unable to understand my issues with mother-in-law over things that I could easily ignore and move on. I am over sensitive and tend to get heart breaks every while. I fight with my husband because of weird situations with my mother-in-law...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to These issues sometimes arouse in married life but can be solved amicably. You should sit with your mother-in-law and express your feelings and also listen to her concerns and try to chalk out a solution. Also, you should work on stress management. Some steps for...  Read Full »

I am a teenager and I feel my parents hate me. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14-year-old female. I always have this moment where I am complained and scolded. This always happens with my parents and I always feel bad and it always makes me think "Do they hate me? Am I not good enough for them? Am I a maid for them? " I also always cry alone in my room hop...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your parents need family therapy from a psychologist. If you cannot do this then accept it. If you cannot change the situation then change yourself. You can make good friends, develop good hobbies like painting, reading books, learn music and dance, learn new l...  Read Full »

How can I deal with aggressive behaviors of my sister?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a sister and we are living together since my mother's death. We are living in a country where there are more traditional aspects. The problem is that my sister has some aggressive behaviors. An unsuccessful love affair has turned her to have a more aggressive personality. She has...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth. B

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I suggest the following: Whenever you feel she is in a good mood, bring up the issues of her quarreling or instances that happened recently and try to convince her to seek psychiatric help along with you. Try to explain in a manner that she takes it seriously. Try to...  Read Full »

My brother stopped talking to the family after an argument. How to approach him?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother refuses to talk to any of the family members after a difference of opinion about a car that he wants. He has gone so far as to say that the family refuses to let him grow as a person, whereas that is not the case. I, as his sister, have tried to get him to share his feelings...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth. B

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The best way at present would be to text him your concerns, explanation, and your opinion so that he reads and gets time to think it over. After texting, at last, quote that you all are concerned about him and would like to have a chat. The one among the family who...  Read Full »

My mother feels I give all my love and support to my wife, and I do not care about her or my father. How to resolve this issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married four months back this year, and my age is 29. I bought a safety glass for my wife since the oil spilled over her head while cooking. However, my mother stayed with me and cooked for me for eight years. And I did not buy safety glass for her. And my mother became angry tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. It will be difficult for you to manage both your mother and your wife. Your mother has difficulty accepting that you are going to give more love and importance to your wife, not your mother. It is the female nature of jeal...  Read Full »

How to correct the bad relationship with my parents?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a bad relationship with my parents. We do not understand each other, and I do not know what to do and what not to do. It is frustrating me. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thanks for this query. I can understand your concern regarding your relationship with your parents. This is because of the generation gap. Conflicts between the ideology are the cause. It is a major issue in the late 20s and early 30s. The solution is communication. P...  Read Full »

My parent's activities cause disturbance in my marriage life. How to manage it?

Query: Hi doctor,My parents bought the house where I live with my husband, and we pay them every month for it. Also, they were cosigners to get us into the mobile home park, and we pay a lot. Every time we are late on the payment and my parents want to know every detail of our finance. It is causing stress...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern regarding your interpersonal relationship with your parents. You have already a grown up lady. Overprotectiveness from your parents irritate you, and this is very evident. I will suggest you communicate with them and discuss with them. Make ...  Read Full »

I am depressed about my father's behavior as he is an alcoholic. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am studying final year petroleum engineering. Nowadays, I do not know what is going on in my life. I was a topper during school days, and at hat time I was in my grandparent's home. When I moved to class 9, I came back to my parents. My father uses to drink a lot. He uses to get home ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your situation. The family conflicts may lead to sad life and poor grades in exams. In my opinion, it will be best if you will communicate with your dad regarding this issue. If he still does not understand, then try to avoid him. You are young. Try to co...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.