Family Relations

How to correct the bad relationship with my parents?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a bad relationship with my parents. We do not understand each other, and I do not know what to do and what not to do. It is frustrating me. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for this query. I can understand your concern regarding your relationship with your parents. This is because of the generation gap. Conflicts between the ideology are the cause. It is a major issue in the late 20s and early 30s. The solution is communication. P...  Read Full »

My parent's activities cause disturbance in my marriage life. How to manage it?

Query: Hi doctor,My parents bought the house where I live with my husband, and we pay them every month for it. Also, they were cosigners to get us into the mobile home park, and we pay a lot. Every time we are late on the payment and my parents want to know every detail of our finance. It is causing stress...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your interpersonal relationship with your parents. You have already a grown up lady. Overprotectiveness from your parents irritate you, and this is very evident. I will suggest you communicate with them and discuss with them. Make ...  Read Full »

I am depressed about my father's behavior as he is an alcoholic. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am studying final year petroleum engineering. Nowadays, I do not know what is going on in my life. I was a topper during school days, and at hat time I was in my grandparent's home. When I moved to class 9, I came back to my parents. My father uses to drink a lot. He uses to get home ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. The family conflicts may lead to sad life and poor grades in exams. In my opinion, it will be best if you will communicate with your dad regarding this issue. If he still does not understand, then try to avoid him. You are young. Try to co...  Read Full »

I am worried about my relationship with my mother-in-law. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am depressed and have relationship conflict. I am unable to understand my issues with mother-in-law over things that I could easily ignore and move on. I am over sensitive and tend to get heart breaks every while. I fight with my husband because of weird situations with my mother-in-law...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These issues sometimes arouse in married life but can be solved amicably. You should sit with your mother-in-law and express your feelings and also listen to her concerns and try to chalk out a solution. Also, you should work on stress management. Some steps for stress...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution for our marital problems.

Query: Hello doctor,My husband and I had a fight regarding him leaving the house in COVID-19, and I called up his parents to complain. Since then, he keeps saying that we both are separated, he does not want to talk, he does not want us to go out anywhere as a family, and he says that I am just his child...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about the recent development in marital life. I like to state that there are definite solutions for the current problem, and it can be solved with communication. Since he is not willing for interference from elders of th...  Read Full »

My parents are always fighting. How to handle them?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. My parents are fighting with each other because of their complexities. How to deal with them? My father has an inferiority complex. My mother has hysteria. Please help me to do something.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Talk with your parents about what you feel about them fighting. Ask them to resolve issues and if they cannot, then motivate them to consult a marriage counselor. Music can help you to cope with this stress. Whenever they fight, listen to music or go outside and have a...  Read Full »

How to deal with separation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I am dealing with separation. My husband is possibly a sociopath. He left the city two years ago and wants a divorce now. I am unable to go ahead with it. I need some help for my anxiety and the illusion he created years ago. Also, I was on Daxid 100 mg and stopped no...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivanand B Hiremath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. I would like to know some more details about the problems you are experiencing. Do you have a social support at present from some close family members or children or parents? Are you financially independent? Please give more det...  Read Full »

Is there high risk of heart attack, if other family members die due to it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 15-year-old female. My grandmother, her parents, and two of her brothers, as well as my father, all died before the age of 50 because of heart attack. Do I have a higher risk of dying of a heart attack before the age of 50?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek H Nanda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to tell you that a strong family history of heart disease or heart attack does not place you at higher risk at all. So please do not worry about it. Now medically, heart diseases do have some level of genetic inheritance, but nobody can as...  Read Full »

I am feeling like an orphan as no one is concerned about me. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Of late I am feeling like an orphan. My mother is always concerned about my sister who got married last year and has an infant. I feel my sister has no time for me and my mother has forgotten me. I give a lot in a relationship but I do not get even a quarter of it in return.  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are going through a tough time emotionally. You are very close to your mother and sister emotionally and feel let down by them. You have mentioned that your sister has an infant and your mother is spending more time with her. Probably your mother feels ...  Read Full »

My wife is very abusive, and she does not like my parents and sister. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is very abusive and says the wrong things sometimes. Her mood goes off, and she remains like that for 2 to 3 days. After which, I have to make a lot of efforts by saying sorry so many times, and then she would become normal. During such a period, she will not talk or talk only...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Use of abusive language, suspiciousness, mood swings lasting for days, excessive irritability, and anger cannot be considered normal, and there is a need to have couple counseling. If she responds well to other people other ...  Read Full »