Q. I have high BP, sugar, and gas problems. Is it safe to fast or skip meals?

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am having b.P, sugar, gas problem, all under control. Sometimes gas problem s, chest burning, belching etc 1) Can I do fasting, skipping meals as everyone suggesting . What shall I take before taking medicine s as when on fast 2) Suggest multi grain s, 3) Eating non veg not shoot up sugar ? I am currently taking Telso h morning, glimipride before lunch metformin after lunch, tema 40 plus Amlodipine 5 night, now gas tablets morning, night before food, febo 40 for uric acid for time being for 1 month.

#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq. Since all your problems are under control, you can do fasting. What kind of fasting you want to do? Is it totally not eating anything or eating like tiffin items without rice? I would suggest the second option as it will be easy for you to follow. Just avoid rice and eat any kind of tiffin items with proper time gap. Multigrain foods is a very good option. It is better to avoid non-veg foods as your Uric acid levels are high. Avoid on oily foods also. Vegetables and fruits are the usual restricted ones as for diabetics. Non-veg foods in a less quantity will not shoot up your sugar levels. Better to go for skinless chicken or fish weekly thrice. Whenever you are fasting, just follow the timings properly so that you don’t get gas problem. And also, eat high protein foods or multigrain foods in the morning hours and let your dinner be light. I have covered all your doubts anything else, please do follow up

Follow up for detailed information

madam,
Request suggest english multigrain receipe book ( food thearape)sugar , bp, gas patient,

Is there any scheme for life long membership in iclinc for me and my wife so that we will be in touch throught life and share our diet, alopathy medicines so that you can give home remidies, insructions, tests suggestions, do donts etc to be received from you people please
# Hi,
Sorry , I don’t know any particular books as a guideline. You can see YouTube videos for multigrain recipes. There are lot of healthy recipes. You can try any of it.
I am not aware any schemes in icliniq. It is better to contact the customer care number. They can guide you better.

|