Faulty Sleeping Position

Why do I have radiating lower back pain during sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 54 years old. My weight is 145 lbs and height is 5'7". Almost every night I am getting severe pain in my right hip and groin. The pain is sharp and burning. It radiates down to my right leg. However, it completely dissipates after about 15 minutes of walking around. Always the pain o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query completely. I do not think this pain is due to appendicitis or ureteric stone. They will cause severe pain and does not relieve by walking. You are taking Forte for osteoporosis which does not cause you this problem. It may be due to cramps, whi...  Read Full »

Why do I get right-sided chest pains when I sleep on my side?

Query: Hello doctor, I used to have right-sided chest pains, only when I sleep on my side. But since today, I feel a constant pain in my chest. Why am I having constant chest pain? Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. Right-sided chest pain could be due to a muscle catch, pleurisy, gastritis, lung infection,¬†stones in the gallbladder, and liver problem. I need more information on the pain, Since how long it is paining? How is the pain? Is it burning, pri...  Read Full »

Why do I have a back spasm?

Query: Hi doctor, I have narrowed disc in the center of back. There were no problems for almost a year. I usually do surfing, yoga and kung fu. But I woke up early around 3 AM last week with a super sore and stiff back. When I am lying down it hurts to cough, or I will roll from side to side. When I am ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The back spasm is due to excessive activity that could have aggravated due to faulty posture in the bed. Do a lot of icing. Stretch your back and your hip flexors. Do spine extension like cobra stretch. If you can, engage in glute stability exercises and do warm up and ...  Read Full »

I have insomnia and cannot find the right position to sleep. Any advice?

Query: Hello doctor, I have sciatica. I also have nerve pain in my face coming from my neck which stops me sleeping on my back. If I sleep on my shoulder, I get soreness on the shoulder. I have insomnia and cannot find the right position to be able to sleep. Could you give any advice? I put ice on my neck...  Read Full »

Dr. Tanushree Agarwal

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this case, there is no best position for sleeping. Instead, the way you are sleeping in every position that will help you. 1. Sleeping on the back - the pillow under the neck should be shallow enough to support the neck in one straight line. Keep a pillow under both...  Read Full »