Fear Of Going Out

I have anxiety, fear of going outside, and lost interest in everything. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have anxiety, fear of going outside, and get panic when there is any discussion on going out. Sometimes my chest feels heavy. I feel sad most of the time. Lost interest in everything. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you are suffering from depression and anxiety because the symptoms you mentioned indicates it. 1. Take adequate sleep. 2. Do regular exercise, i.e. go for a morning walk daily at least 45 minutes. 3. Take a healthy diet and avoid any substance like alcoho...  Read Full »

I think I have paranoia. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Everyone gets those little paranoid thoughts but mine have gotten a lot worse and a lot more frequent over the past four months. I constantly feel like people I know are talking about me or someone is trying to kill me/hurt me. I also get other weird thoughts like, what if the bus tip...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have described are indicative of obsessional nature and the behavior is compulsive because of fearfulness. From the brief description, it is not possible for me to decide the category of disorder. But I can tell you that it is not normal and unlikely to...  Read Full »

Having fear of going out to public places.Can you suggest any treatments?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old and my height and weight are 5'8" and 88 kg respectively. I have symptoms of agoraphobia from my childhood. I cannot go to public places like mall, theater or grocery store. I cannot even travel alone and every time I depend on someone. I feel sad every time with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is definitely agoraphobia. Along with that you have developed some depressive symptoms also.  Read Full »

Am I suffering from any neurological disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering with the below symptoms which feels like a disorder. I have this disorder running in my family. A few of my paternal uncles also have them, but in a mild form. I had these symptoms since childhood, but it was very mild at that time. I had ignored th...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. All the symptoms you have mentioned are consistent with agoraphobia with anxiety. This is very likely to be a structural problem in your brain. All you need is proper practice and you can be normal within ...  Read Full »