Q. Can HIV symptoms show after 40 days of exposure?

I have pimples on my hand and body. Should I be concerned about HIV?

#

Your symptoms are not related to HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). Did you have any exposure?

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I had an unprotected sex for two minutes with a sex worker before 40 days. I am not aware of her health issues. Please help.

#

If the condom was intact, you need not worry.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

It was unprotected sex. I have pimples on my hands, body, and neck. They are not in clusters. It has been 40 days since exposure; what should I do now?

#

Pimples are a non-specific sign of HIV. Symptoms of HIV include fever, with or without chills, and temporary skin rashes. The chance of HIV transmission from a female to a male is low. Since you have mentioned sex time is less than five minutes, the risk is almost negligible. Do a screening test.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I have attached images. Is it related to skin rashes?

#

From the images attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), it is not skin rashes.

|