Fear Of Rabies

Can I have rabies even after getting vaccinated after dog bite?

Query: Hi doctor, I was bitten by a dog last year. The gate of the dog was wide open and when I passed near it, the dog bit me. It bit me on my right leg. After that, I rushed to the hospital for vaccination. The nurse injected something on the wound every time when I went to the hospital. They also injec...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You do not need to worry because you are safe and you do not have rabies. So please leave your fear. Usually, when the dog dies within two weeks we suspect that the dog can have rabies. But in your case, it has been nine months, and you got va...  Read Full »

How many shots do you need after a dog scratches you?

Query: Hi doctor, I was scratched by a stray dog as he got excited while I fed him, and his nail scratched my knee. The dog was calm and had no unusual behavior. I washed the scratch and went to the emergency room for an injection. Doctor gave Rabivax and said immunoglobulin is not required as the scratch...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not be worried much because you have got vaccinated, even with immunoglobulin. Please observe the dog, and if nothing changes, you can be chill. And if you are very curious, you can get follow-up vaccines on days 3, 7, 14, and 28. And if you get any symptoms...  Read Full »