iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologyfertilityI have been trying to get pregnant for the past two months. What tests do I need to take?

What tests does a woman need to take for conceiving a baby?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 23, 2023
Reviewed AtMay 22, 2023

Patient's Query

I have been trying to get pregnant for the past two months. Can you tell me whall all tests I need to take?

So that I can proceed with my planning accordingly. Please advise.

Thank you for your query,

Congratulations on your decision to start a family.

When it comes to planning for a baby, there are several tests that you and your partner may want to consider to help ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby. Here are some of the tests:

1. Preconception check up: This is a general check-up to assess your overall health and identify any potential issues that may affect your ability to conceive or have a healthy pregnancy.
  2. Fertility tests: Your healthcare provider may recommend tests to assess your fertility and identify any underlying conditions that may be affecting your ability to conceive. These may include tests for ovulation, hormone levels, and the health of your reproductive organs.
  3. Genetic testing: Some couples may choose to undergo genetic testing to identify any potential genetic disorders that could be passed on to their children.
  4. Immunizations: It is important to make sure that you are up to date on all of your vaccinations before getting pregnant, as certain infections can be harmful to a developing fetus.
  5. Lifestyle changes: I suggest you to quitting smoking, limiting alcohol intake, and maintaining a healthy weight.
  6. Please follow up for futher assistances.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal
Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

Family Physician

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy