Fetal Heart Rate

What could be the reason for continuous missed abortion and IUGR?

Query: Hello doctor, I am married for over three years. In these three years, I had five miscarriages. First three times I had miscarriages in the second and third month (due to missed heart beat of the baby) then in the fourth time I had the termination of pregnancy in the sixth month (due to low amniot...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Learning from your history, you are a case of recurrent pregnancy loss with three continuous abortions (missed abortion) in the first three pregnancies but you had a fourth naturally conceived pregnancy which lasted for six months and was terminated for severe IUGR (...  Read Full »

My AFI is 7 cm. Can labor be induced?

Query: Hello doctor, I have completed 38 weeks of pregnancy. My baby's heartbeat is 143, cephalic presentation. Myf AFI is 7 cm. Can I be induced for labor?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At 38 weeks of pregnancy when the head is a cephalic presentation but not yet fixed in the pelvis and there are no decelerations or fetal distress on CTG monitoring and if you do not have any high-risk factor-like IHCP or gestational hypertension with pre-eclampsia t...  Read Full »

Does absence of fetal heartbeat on ultrasound confirm abortion?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is six weeks and five days pregnant. In the fourth week, she got pain in the stomach and back. So, there were two ultrasound reports. The first was taken in five weeks and six days where the gestational sac was 2.33 cm with no heartbeats found. The second ultrasound was six w...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks mostly look like a missed abortion. Usually by six weeks or later, the heartbeat appears on the scan provided. You seem to have regular periods. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-d...  Read Full »

Fetal heartbeats are not visualized on ultrasound. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am eight weeks and five days pregnant. My ultrasonography report says fetal heartbeats not visualized even with the help of a color Doppler. Is it normal? I am very scared. Please reply.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are sure that it is eight weeks then it is not a good sign. Usually, the scan can detect the pregnancy and the heartbeat as early as six weeks.But it is advisable to wait for seven to 10 days and repeat the scan. If there is still no sign of heartbeat then it ...  Read Full »

Can I continue my pregnancy with a high TSH level?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I got conceived. My latest thyroid profile report showed the T3 and T4 to be normal and the TSH levels were abnormal at 22.96. We have heard that this TSH value affects the brain development of the newborn and also the newborn will not be mentally good. This is bothering us a...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right. Hypothyroidism can affect the fetal brain development, especially in early pregnancy. Thyroid hormone is normally very important for many functions of the body. It helps in the early development of the fetus. The brain is one of the parts of early...  Read Full »

Why do I have a right-sided incision for a left tube ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I had two MTX and because of the embryo's heartbeat, I had salpingostomy six days ago. My questions are: I have a post-operative incision on my right side and nothing on my left side. I do not even feel pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The incision taken is for the surgeon's comfort. A right-handed surgeon will take a right incision. The incision site usually does not depend on the site of the problem. Yes, you can definitely have a vaginal birth in future and there is no doubt in that. Laparosco...  Read Full »

Can low vitamin D and B12 levels have adverse effects on the fetus?

Query: Hello doctor, My 29-year-old sister has a 5-year-old son. It was premature delivery (34th week) and it was a normal delivery. After that, for three times she had abortions and all were between 8 to 10 weeks because of no fetal growth and no heartbeats found. Currently, she is 10 weeks pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The vitamin D levels are in a deficient range and vitamin B12 levels are normal. There is no need to discontinue the pregnancy due to these values. Vitamin D supplementation will help to gain adequate levels in the baby. I suggest you start with vitamin D supplemen...  Read Full »

My wife underwent ICSI. Please go through the reports and provide your opinion.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has undergone ICSI three-day embryo transfer. One cell is compact grade and others are grade-B. She got pregnant successfully and the values were at DPT 14, HCG 577 and progesterone level 23 and DPT 16, HCG 1577 and progesterone level 23. Also, she had undergone TVS, and spo...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concerns. As you are only 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant, you should repeat your TVS (transvaginal scan) after one week for fetal cardiac activity because som...  Read Full »

Does an anomaly scan carry a risk of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor,I am second time pregnant and my first son is 11 months old. Now, I am 20 weeks pregnant and the reports of the 12 weeks scan and the quad marker are normal. I do not have a family history of any abnormality but, my 20 weeks scan shows some abnormality. There is some thickness in the ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Please attach your reports again as they were not very clear. The main purpose of the anomaly scan is to check that the baby is developing normally. If the doctors suspect that your baby has a heart problem, you will be asked to come in for a...  Read Full »

What is wrong in my ultrasound report?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 weeks pregnant. According to a color Doppler scan, it was mentioned as a single loose loop of umbilical cord noted around the fetal neck. The estimated fetal weight is 3229 g. The EDD is towards the end of this month. I wanted to ask if there are any problems and kindly mentio...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the other sonography is normal, then you should not worry about it. Wait up to the expected delivery date. If pain starts before that, then let the delivery happen. Just have to monitor fetal heart rate throughout the labor. If at any stage heart rate goes down...  Read Full »