Q. Fetal heartbeats are not visualized on ultrasound. Should I be worried?

Published on Dec 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am eight weeks and five days pregnant. My ultrasonography report says fetal heartbeats not visualized even with the help of a color Doppler. Is it normal? I am very scared. Please reply.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you are sure that it is eight weeks then it is not a good sign. Usually, the scan can detect the pregnancy and the heartbeat as early as six weeks.But it is advisable to wait for seven to 10 days and repeat the scan. If there is still no sign of heartbeat then it will mean an unhealthy pregnancy.

But if you have ovulated a few days later, your baby is not yet six weeks and you will be able to appreciate fetal heartbeat on the next scan.You will have to keep your fingers crossed until the next scan.

If you are very anxious to know about the health of your baby, the other option is to have a serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) tomorrow morning and repeat it after 48 hours.

In this period, the blood levels will double if the baby is healthy. If the baby is not healthy, the second value of hCG will be lesser than the original value or it will be almost the same.

Hope I have clarified your query.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

My hCG has not doubled properly. Do I still have a chance at normal pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am now seven weeks pregnant. The issue is my hCG at 18 DPO was 664, and then at 22 DPO was 2002, and then a week after the last measure, it was 3900 (different lab). It has not doubled properly. I had a scan at 6 weeks 3 days approx. and fetus measuring around 5 mm with HR of 120, was ...  Read Full »

How to know the reason for low testosterone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old. My weight is 84 kg. I am married for four years. I am unable to make a relationship with my wife. The erection problem is there for the past two years. I checked my testosterone level, which is 183. Why is it low? Please advise me the ways to increase the testosterone l...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Tranlok-E during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I have checked my pregnancy test on the 8th of this month and my last LMP was on the 5th of last month. I have consulted the doctor, he confirmed my pregnancy and prescribed me capsule Gestafine 200 (Progesterone soft gelatin 200) one capsule per day for 15 d...  Read Full »