Q. May I know the reason for my fever?

and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2022

I have been suffering from a fever for the last three days, which is not present the entire day. My temperature is 100.5 F now. May I know the reason?

#

If there are any other associated symptoms, please provide details about them. I suggest you get the following tests:

1. Auscultation.
  2. CBC (complete blood count).
  3. CRP (C-reactive protein).

This basic investigation can be done first for primary workup. According to the cause, specific treatment can be given. If CBC shows lymphocytosis, then symptomatic management is done with Paracetamol. If it shows neutrophilia, then an antibiotic course is needed. If congestion is present, then an additional decongestant is needed.

Take care. Hope this will help you.

|