Q. What causes fever for 12 days?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2019

I am suffering from fever for the past 11 to 12 days. If I take Crocin it reduces but again comes back. Food tastes bitter.

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Having cold, sore throat? Better will have some antibiotics for three days, between that do blood test. CBC, smear for MF, MP. Take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg OD, tablet Crocin 650 mg BID for three days and review with report.

| 

Thank you so much. I feel much better now. I have done the blood test suggested by you and sharing the details with you. I do not have sore throat but cough I get sometimes. Please advise me.

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Good that your blood test are normal. Only ESR is little raised and platelet count 1.45 just below normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But need not worry. Any lung wheezing is there? Antibiotics three days completed, we will wait for a few more days. For cough, do salt water gargle and syrup. Ambriolite D 5 ml if you are having cough. Any other complains and doubts? Take care.

| 

My eosinophil count is 6, the upper normal range. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I took a CBC test a few days back. Is everything normal? My eosinophil count has increased from 3 to 6 and I am worried as the normal range is 1 to 6. Can you please get back to me on this and if it is fine? Absolute is slightly high but within range. Please let me know if everything is a...  Read Full »

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

High fever and swollen lymph node. Is it a bacterial or viral infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has been sick with a high fever (between 101.7 to 103) and swollen lymph node on one side of his jaw right beneath his left ear, complained of pain in the neck, and pain inside his mouth. I took him to his pediatrician the following day and was prescribed Clindamycin 150 mg thr...  Read Full »