Q. What could be the reason for fever with joint pain?

Published on Oct 26, 2018

My brother has fever and pain in all the joints. All types of RA TEST showed a negative result, and ANTICCP is negative. He did a Widal test. The Widal test showed a positive result. Please suggest.

#

Your brother has a typhoid infection. He can take Ciplox 500 mg (Ciprofloxacin) twice a day, Rantac 150 mg before a meal and Multivitamin A to Z twice daily for 15 days. Take boiled water and light food which are easily digestible. Avoid eating raw vegetables. After 15 days, redo the Widal test again. If everything is normal, then stop taking antibiotics. But continue taking Multivitamin for three months. Follow the same diet plan for three months.

Are malaria and typhoid vaccines safe for a 9 month old baby?

Query: Dear Doctor, Is it safe for a 9 month baby to travel to the Dominican Republic? Also, is it safe for a 8-9 month old to take vaccines for malaria and typhoid?  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full »