Fibroadenosis

I have excruciating pain in my right breast. Does it indicate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a mammogram done a few weeks ago. I am having excruciating pain in my right breast. It hurts when I move, or lie down to reach up any movement or touch of that breast and It makes me sick to my stomach. I have had a kind of loss of appetite. I got a callback and the person who did...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably, it will be fibroadenosis. Fibroadenosis is a condition seen during perimenopausal periods and characterized by lumps and severe pain in the breast. Probably he must have seen those lumps, which is an expected finding. Cancer, most of the time, is painless. ...  Read Full »

How to treat fibroadenosis of the breast?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I am suffering from fibroadenosis of both breasts. I did an ultrasound of both breasts twice, and the results are fibroadenosis of both breasts. I consulted a gynecologist and taking vitamin E pills and Ubicar women tablets. My mother had breast cancer. My s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, fibroadenosis are non-cancerous, and they hardly become cancerous. It is very rare. So you monitor it. If they start increasing in size or you feel more pain, consult your doctor and go for further testing. And symptoms of fibroadenosis are more seen during me...  Read Full »

I have many lumps in breasts that are painful during periods. Are they fibroadenomas?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many lumps in both breasts for the last few years. All these lumps were diagnosed, and we got to know that these are fibroadenomas. But still, I am tensed. What diet should I take and how to proceed further with the treatment so that it does not turn into something worse? I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Fibroadenosis is a benign condition and it rarely worsens.It has relation with periods, and it is painful just before periods.There is nothing should be done about it until it affects your quality of life. I suggest you tablet Evion (Vitamin E) once daily for a month.For fu...  Read Full »

I have pain and burning sensation in my left breast. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a lot of pain and burning in my chest. I had an ECG done about 20 days back which was normal. I have pain on the left side, (it is like on my breast) sometimes I feel it moves. I have been suffering from this since more than a year. Last year, I went through a complete eva...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two possibilities in you, first is costochondritis (musculoskeletal) and the second possibility is of gastric reflux followed by fibroadenosis. Such a long duration of the pain and pain which increases on movements or pressing over the same site is usually ...  Read Full »