Q. Will I lose my virginity if I finger myself?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Aug 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2019

I am an 18 year old female, and I masturbate very often. I just rub my vagina, but I do not finger myself. I get really tempted to finger it. Whenever I try to do so, I get nervous and just finish it off by rubbing my vagina. Is it safe to finger my vagina? If yes, how do I do it? What are the safest ways to do it and how often should I do it? Is my hymen going to break if I do so? Will I lose my virginity? Also, is it weird that my vagina becomes wet when I am aroused?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Vagina will definitely be wet when you are aroused, so there is nothing to worry about it.
  • Usually, fingering may lead to infection and irritation. Yes, there are chances of hymen rupture. The rupture of the hymen depends upon how strongly and deeply you insert your finger.
  • Once the hymen is partly or completely ruptured, it means you have lost your virginity. There is no specific number of times you have to have to masturbate. Masturbation depends upon how frequently you get aroused.
  • There is no harm in masturbating, just see to it that you maintain personal hygiene. Even if your fingering, be gentle and wash your hands.

Get back if you have doubt. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Is my hymen intact?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I am going to get married. My query is regarding my virginity. I do like to know whether my hymen is intact. Will I bleed during my wedding night? Through hymen, how to know my virginity? Your opinion is of great concern for me.  Read Full »

After having sex for the first time, is there a way to stop hymen bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you please give me answers to the following questions, please? After having sex for the first time, is there a way to speed up the cure and stop bleeding of the hymen? How should the bleeding part be cleaned and with what? How do I know that the hymen is totally restored or cured...  Read Full »