Q. My son has a fistula. Is Rasagandhi Mezhugu advisable?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Oct 23, 2019

My son, aged 27 years, had multiple fistulas last year, and we took Siddha medicine and applied Mathan oil. Now he has a fistula on one side, and now the doctor advised to take Rasagandhi Mezhugu two tablets twice daily for five days. My friends told me not to take this medicine as it contains metals which affect the kidney and liver. Is it true? Is it advisable to take two tablets? He is currently on Triphala, Sangu Rasagandhi, and Mathan oil. MRI scan was taken last month. Please reply.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

Rasagandhi mezhugu is the best drug for fistula. It should be taken twice daily after food, along with a cup of buttermilk. For the first few days, we need to check the compatibility of the patient. If suitable, it should be continued for many weeks.

Many studies have proven the safety of this drug, so no need to worry about it. Many cancer and AIDS patients are taking this drug for life long.

You can do a blood test (liver function test and renal function test) before starting this therapy. Again, repeat the same test after two months to check whether the liver and kidneys are normal. This is the best way to ensure safety.

Kindly suggest some ayurveda medicine for my anal fistula.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am facing fistula problem. I have visited a doctor and taking allopathy medicine for the last one year. I would like to go with ayurveda treatment. I am getting a problem with the fistula at least once in a month and if I take allopathy medicine, then it will r...  Read Full »

Can taking Ayurvedic medicines for anal fistula cause loose stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently taking ayurvedic medicines for anal fistula. I am taking Gulgulu Panchapalam tablet, Shallaki tablet, Step tablet and Gulguluthiktham liquid with Nimbadi liquid thrice a day. My doubt is can it cause loose stools? I have soft unformed stools and loose stools. Please repl...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now