Q. I want a flat belly. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Andrews
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2018

I am a 24 year old female. I am 5'6" tall and I weigh 62 kg. For the past one year, my abdomen and belly size has been increasing. Kindly give tips for a flat belly.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Internal Medicine
#

There are no medications that help in reducing weight.

1. Start morning walk for about 45 minutes daily.
  2. Start exercising for about 30 minutes daily.
  3. First, you have to limit the intake of sugar and carbohydrates.
  4. Try to add more protein to your diet.
  5. Chicken, fish, and egg white are rich in protein. So, include them in your diet.

Check your random blood sugar (RBS), thyroid levels and do an ultrasound scan of the abdomen.

Revert back with the reports to consult a fitness expert online --->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

| 

Kindly suggest a diet plan to reduce weight and belly fat.

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to reduce my weight and belly fat, but I am not able to reduce my belly fat successfully. I am also getting kidney stones frequently and undergone surgery just two weeks back and also six months back. I want to reduce my belly fat without getting kidney stones. Let me brief...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan to lose weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I have gastric problem. Can you suggest me diet plan to lose weight with consideration of my gastric problem. Please specify any precautions to be taken and mention the source of food. I am attaching my medical reports which I have done before six months. Thank you.  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now