Q. I feel gas in my stomach and pass too much gas. Should I worry?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
Published on Jul 22, 2017

I experience gas in my stomach quite often. I then pass gas throughout the day. If I take antibiotics, it stops completely until the duration of the course. I wish to get cured completely. I was diagnosed with inactive gastritis and have been given PPI for two months but I still experience the issue.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

• There are multiple reasons for gas in the abdomen. In your case, it is likely to be due to a disturbed gastrointestinal flora of the gut bacteria. You should take probiotic tablets for at least a month.
  • Initially, start with an antibiotic such as tablet Rifaximin 450 mg twice for seven days to get cured of the infection.
  • After that, you can take a probiotic capsule containing lactobacilli such as ViBact DS or Sporlac sachet once a day for at least a month.
  • If you have constipation, take tablet Bisacodyl, two tablets at night for five days. Along with that, you can take a prokinetic drug such as tablet Levosulpiride 75 mg on an empty stomach once a day for a month.

You are most welcome to ask further queries.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have IBS and seems to be related to SIBO. Please advise management.

Query: Hi doctor, I realize I have IBS symptoms and they seem to be related to SIBO. I need your advice on how to treat it effectively. Here are some symptoms and test results. Leaky gut or intestinal permeability with multiple food intolerances. Seems to have hydrogen sulfide based SIBO, severe farting...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best is to avoid eating foods that cause trouble. Secondly, for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), it is better to use a combination of Tetracyclines plus Metronidazole for two weeks. Effective probiotic will also help. Take the following medications: 1...  Read Full

Natural Sources and Health Benefits of Probiotics

Article Overview: This article explains about probiotics, their health benefits, and natural sources of probiotics. Read Article

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Probiotics are naturally occurring bacteria in our gut. The word 'Probiotic' is derived from a Latin word 'Pro’ meaning ‘Promoting’ and the Greek word 'Biotic' which means 'Life.' Probiotics are live microorganisms in the gut that have several health benefits. Many kinds of ba...  Read Article

Is GERD(Gastroesophageal reflux disease) curable permanently through medicines?

Query: Dear Doctor, Is GERD curable through medicines permanently? If yes, kindly prescribe the medicines. I have consulted many doctors and taken tablets, but after a few days it is troubling again. Please prescribe some permanent solution to this.  Read Full >>

Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) can be treated effectively with medications like omeprazole, pantoprazole, and with combination of prokinetic drugs like domperidone. In addition to drugs, the modification of life style is important such as: Eating small quanti...  Read Full