Q. I feel gas in my stomach and pass too much gas. Should I worry?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

I experience gas in my stomach quite often. I then pass gas throughout the day. If I take antibiotics, it stops completely until the duration of the course. I wish to get cured completely. I was diagnosed with inactive gastritis and have been given PPI for two months but I still experience the issue.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

• There are multiple reasons for gas in the abdomen. In your case, it is likely to be due to a disturbed gastrointestinal flora of the gut bacteria. You should take probiotic tablets for at least a month.
  • Initially, start with an antibiotic such as tablet Rifaximin 450 mg twice for seven days to get cured of the infection.
  • After that, you can take a probiotic capsule containing lactobacilli such as ViBact DS or Sporlac sachet once a day for at least a month.
  • If you have constipation, take tablet Bisacodyl, two tablets at night for five days. Along with that, you can take a prokinetic drug such as tablet Levosulpiride 75 mg on an empty stomach once a day for a month.

You are most welcome to ask further queries.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|