Fluid And Electrolyte Imbalance

What could present as body tremors with dizzy spells?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 48 years old. I have two problems which I believe are related. One of the symptoms would be internal tremors/vibrations, which started as a slight twitch in my left foot and progressed to the whole body and has recently started down the right leg. It is very annoying. I spent a bit ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any investigations or an MRI brain with you? Do you suffer from any rigidity, athetosis, and tremors in the hands? Are there any bladder or micturition problems? Do you take any pills for hypertension or diabetes? Without examination and investigations, ...  Read Full »

Why is there a minor change in my ECG?

Query: Hi doctor, I went for an annual health checkup and found there was a minor change in the ECG. I am 28 years old. My weight is 80 kg and height is 163 cm. My BMI is 30 and waist circumference is 90. My BP 130/90 mmHg. I am also attaching my ECG report to you. I need your suggestion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your age is 28 and you are obese. Your electrocardiogram (ECG) is normal and no need to worry. The minor changes are hyperacute T waves that may be due to increased potassium levels in blood, but no need to worry. There is day-to-day variation in potassium levels dependin...  Read Full »

Can seizure be provoked?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my first tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure seven days ago at work. It lasted 1 minute 30 seconds. I bit my tongue badly, but did not have any incontinence. Beforehand, I was shaking, had a loud beating heart and had a feeling of vertigo and anxiety. Afterwards, I was confused for app...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. From what you have narrated, I am of the opinion that your seizures were provoked or brought on by a combination of non-diabetic hypoglycemia, lack of sleep, dehydrat...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling dizzy and extremely hot?

Query: Hello doctor, The following event has happened twice. I start feeling dizzy and extremely hot. I can feel my body heat through my shirt. I feel nauseated and was about to faint. Oddly, today, when I went to the kitchen to check my food in the microwave, I opened the fridge instead. When I tried to c...  Read Full »

Dr. Tim Evans

Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the main thing to consider is whether this is something significant related to any cardiac or circulatory problems or whether this is something relatively minor. I would certainly suggest you visit your GP or family doctor. You will need to undergo an ECG (elec...  Read Full »

How to treat feet and ankle swelling due to a heart problem?

Query: Age: 62 years My mother has severe heart problem. She had high blood pressure from long time but didnt get any medication. Now her feet and ankles are swollen. A doctor recommended Triforge 5/160/12.5+Loprin 75mg. Her BP is managed now, but she feels high heart rate, palpitations and cold sweating...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Thanks for the query Medicine is good, but in this age this medicine may cause electrolytes imbalance and renal function impairment. So blood urea, creatinine and Electrolytes should be done after starting of this medicines within one week. Regarding cardiac point of view, swelling of feet may be ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel fatigue in hot weather?

Query: Hello doctor, I am actually facing some weakness issues since 2 or 3 days. I am a self-employed guy, my work timings are quite odd like 10 pm to 5 am. I wake up by 12 pm and then work from 2 pm - 8 pm (this includes working, meetings, get together with friends and coffee). I do not prefer eating out...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find my observations below. It appears that your body is not prepared for the heat conditions prevailing in your place. Since you have work schedules which start in the early afternoon, it is possible that you got dehydrated with electrolyte loss which might hav...  Read Full »

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full »

Precautions to be taken for water only fast for 14 days.

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to undertake a water only fast for 14 days. Which vitamins and electrolyte should I take and in what dose? Just heard of refeeding syndrome. Any other precautions?  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not clear why you are undertaking water (only) fast for so long as 14 days. In case, you have decided to, I would advise you to do it under the expert supervision of an ayurveda or naturopathy physician who can monitor you closely. While fasting has obvious healt...  Read Full »

Can diarrhea cause fluid and electrolyte imbalance and fatigue?

Query: Hello doctor, I started feeling fatigued and nauseous three days ago. I threw up once three days and the nausea went away shortly after. Yesterday morning I started having diarrhea. I went to the bathroom 15 to 20 times for diarrhea despite taking Pepto-Bismol several times. I am still having diarr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have lost quite a bit of fluid. You need to get rehydrated again. If your loose motion has not stopped, you need to take tablet Loperamide once, and you need IV saline to bring your BP up. It is better to get to the ER and get the IV saline first. Please go to the h...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest a tablet.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant and she is due for delivery in another one week. She is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest good tablet.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If loose motions are watery or associated with blood and mucus in stool or if there is fever, she needs to consult doctor for IV antibiotics or fluids (intravenous). If it is not so then she can take probiotics like (Saccharomyces boulardii) Econorm sachet once or twice d...  Read Full »