Fluid And Electrolyte Imbalance

Why do I feel fatigue in hot weather?

Query: Hello doctor, I am actually facing some weakness issues since 2 or 3 days. I am a self-employed guy, my work timings are quite odd like 10 pm to 5 am. I wake up by 12 pm and then work from 2 pm - 8 pm (this includes working, meetings, get together with friends and coffee). I do not prefer eating out...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find my observations below. It appears that your body is not prepared for the heat conditions prevailing in your place. Since you have work schedules which start in the early afternoon, it is possible that you got dehydrated with electrolyte loss which might hav...  Read Full »

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full »

Precautions to be taken for water only fast for 14 days.

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to undertake a water only fast for 14 days. Which vitamins and electrolyte should I take and in what dose? Just heard of refeeding syndrome. Any other precautions?  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not clear why you are undertaking water (only) fast for so long as 14 days. In case, you have decided to, I would advise you to do it under the expert supervision of an ayurveda or naturopathy physician who can monitor you closely. While fasting has obvious healt...  Read Full »

Can diarrhea cause fluid and electrolyte imbalance and fatigue?

Query: Hello doctor, I started feeling fatigued and nauseous three days ago. I threw up once three days and the nausea went away shortly after. Yesterday morning I started having diarrhea. I went to the bathroom 15 to 20 times for diarrhea despite taking Pepto-Bismol several times. I am still having diarr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have lost quite a bit of fluid. You need to get rehydrated again. If your loose motion has not stopped, you need to take tablet Loperamide once, and you need IV saline to bring your BP up. It is better to get to the ER and get the IV saline first. Please go to the h...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest a tablet.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant and she is due for delivery in another one week. She is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest good tablet.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If loose motions are watery or associated with blood and mucus in stool or if there is fever, she needs to consult doctor for IV antibiotics or fluids (intravenous). If it is not so then she can take probiotics like (Saccharomyces boulardii) Econorm sachet once or twice d...  Read Full »

Why am I having leg cramps after taking a gluten-free diet?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having leg cramps, especially after taking lunch. I am on a gluten-free diet because of irritable bowel syndrome. This gluten-free diet helped cure my loose motion.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a lot of reasons for leg cramping: Muscular spasms. Least physical activity. Hemoglobin and other constituents of blood not in the normal range. If the blood supply to muscles is interrupted for a short time. Fluid and electrolytes imbalance. Calcium and vitamin...  Read Full »

My leg muscles are very sore after I started playing sports. Can you help?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been playing volleyball, basketball, and athletics for around two weeks, but my leg muscles are still sore. Standing in the same position gives some relief. When someone touches my legs even softly, they ache hard. It is paining around my ankles and knees mainly. With this thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more w...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for dengue fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from dengue fever. My consecutive platelet results are as follows. First day morning the platelet count was 85000 and the same evening it dropped to 64000. The next day it was 56000 in the morning and 62000 in the evening. Again now it dropped to 53000. What shall I do now?...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assure you not to worry as all things may get settled with proper care and follow up.  Read Full »

I am feeling shaky, clammy and flushing often. How to know the reason for these symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 46 years old. My weight is 147 lbs and height is 5'3". I am currently taking Tizanidine, Nabumetone, and Hydrocodone as prescribed for a back injury sustained over three years ago. My symptoms are extreme shaking, severe weakness sometimes to the point of feeling like I am about to p...  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concerns. I think you had a back injury, pain, and spasticity (stiffness) for which you are taking the above mentioned drugs for last three years. Let me explain briefly about the drugs you are taking. Nabumeto...  Read Full »

Can Metrogyl cause tingling sensation in hands and feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I took the antibiotic Metrogyl for a bacterial vaginosis infection. It was a 7-day course which I completed four days back. Since then, I have had a tingling sensation in my hands and feet and a sort of achy numbness in my arms and legs. I had a blood test a week ago for something els...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to Metronidazole adverse effect. You should know that this drug can cause neuropathy as a possible adverse effect. For this reason, I recommend consulting with your attending doctor and performi...  Read Full »