Fluoride Toothpaste

How often should you brush your teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, How many times a day should I brush my teeth? I recently bought an electronic toothbrush with five modes. I am not new to electronic toothbrushes. I brush my teeth in sensitive mode and I used to wash them three times a day after having food. Sometimes, especially after I had my teeth c...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. The best oral hygiene maintenance method is to brush your teeth with a soft or medium toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. The electronic toothbrush does not offer any real additional benefit to normal individuals. It is the movements of the toothbrush made by our hands that b...  Read Full »

I noticed black stains in my baby's teeth. What could be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed this black stain on my daughter's teeth recently. what could be the cause? she has got her lower two teeth in 8 months and upper at 10 months. I started brushing her teeth a week ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist, Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). After watching the photograph, there seems to be extrinsic stains. These may be because of improper brushing, food stains, etc. Proper cleaning of teeth and cleaning of teeth after...  Read Full »

Which mouthwash and paste are good for daily use?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly suggest which mouthwash and paste is good to use on daily basis.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. On daily basis, it is suggested that one should try tooth brushing with paste recommended by the American dental association (ADA) and Indian dental association (IDA). While buying a paste, you should look for whether it is ADA or IDA approved. Second is choose the p...  Read Full »

What ppm and percentage of fluoride in a toothpaste are good for adults?

Query: Hello doctor, What ppm and percentage of fluoride are good for adults? I am trying to figure out what kind of toothpaste is good, but I hate mint, so I am trying to check the percentages of fluoride that is good for an adult.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluoride content can be around 1000 to 1200 ppm which is more than enough for the prevention of cavities. No need to go higher than that. More important is the proper brushing technique. Go for up-down or circular brushing technique without too much pressure onto the...  Read Full »

My tooth is sensitive even after using an anti-sensitivity toothpaste. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing a sensitivity in my tooth, whenever I drink something cold. I have sensitivity on the front tooth, both on the upper and lower jaws. I also notice a crack down the front teeth on the lower jaws. I started using a sensitivity relief toothpaste. Initially, it worked qu...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be dentinal hypersensitivity, and it occurs due to the opening of the nerve endings on the surface of the teeth. If there is crack on the teeth, then an X-ray should be done, to rule out the cause. The treatment can be planned accordingly. If it is due t...  Read Full »

My 14 months old son's top four teeth look rough and are crumbling. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a very concerned father of a 14 months old boy. His first six teeth came in, but the top four teeth look quite rough and are crumbling. His bottom two teeth seem fine. He is still almost exclusively breastfed, as he does not like to eat food, and seldom opens his mouth. I believe...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The upper front teeth show early childhood caries lesion resulting in decay. You need start giving him other semi-solid food and reduce exclusive breastfeeding. After every breastfeeding,...  Read Full »