Q. I get recurrent wounds with burning sensation between left leg and scrotum. Why?

I am a 22-year-old male. Today I woke up and before taking a shower I felt a burning sensation when I touched the spot between my left leg and my scrotum, then I discovered some wounds, similar to cuts in the area, they were not there yesterday. I also have to mention that they had appeared before, in the same area (about three times in the last three years), and they usually disappear in about three or four days. I have a partner and I am really worried about this being herpes because if that is the case I would absolutely consider leaving her, just to avoid her my problems.

I had sex with two strangers, with one of them about four months before getting this for the first time. I also removed my pubic hair with a machine about two weeks before this.

#

What is the complaint in it? Is it on one side or both sides? Have you ever noticed any blisters? What is your profession?

Looking forward to your response in order to help you.

I am just worried. I do not want to live with herpes, and If I had it I would actually think about leaving my partner.

I am a student and I study business administration. I have this problem only on the left side of my scrotum. I never noticed any blisters yesterday, and there was no pain when I showered that day, are they supposed to be painful? I just noticed that cuts today, should I have a herpes viral culture test?

By the way, on half of my right leg, I had something that looked like a pimple and also caused a burning-like sensation when pressed. I applied the ointment I mentioned, and it healed and developed a scab in about two or three days, but I just scratched the scab today, like half an hour ago, this is how it looks like without the scab.

#

As per my clinical acumen, it is not going in favor of herpes because it is not a common site for herpes and secondly, it is not the common presentation for herpes.

Now it could be acute frictional erosion due to trauma or friction, repeated occurrence at the same site is also suggestive of friction. Just use Mupirocin ointment twice daily. Yes, you can go for serum IgG and IgM against HSV 1 and 2.

Your second problem is just folliculitis, it is a superficial bacterial infection of the hair follicle and there is nothing to worry about.

|