Q. I have a pimple sort of red bump in my vagina. Can I wait for it to go away on its own?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2022

I have a pimple-like red bump inside my labia minora outside the vaginal opening. It is scary because my thoughts are roaming around the word cancer, just like any other person. This is the first time I have had a pimple inside the V. Please help.

#

I have gone through your history and image (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and I understand your concern. It is simple folliculitis; no need to worry about it. It will go away on its own. You should do some hot fomentation and antibiotics if required.

Do I need to go and see a doctor personally? Or can I wait for a while so that it goes away on its own? I am extremely worried no doubt. It is not exactly painful but it is uncomfortable.

#

You can wait and watch, no need to worry.

Do hot fomentation.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|