Q. How can I increase milk intake of a 6 month old baby?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My baby is 6 months old and drinks only 200 ml of formula milk and unknown quantity of breastmilk per day. It is recommended to drink 600 ml per day. I am worried. How can I increase the quantity of milk in his diet?

#

Do not worry about how much the baby is taking. As long as the child is getting adequate weight gain and is passing adequate amounts of urine the feeds taken by the baby are sufficient. The baby decides how much to take and how much not to. There are no set guidelines as per quantity of feeds to be consumed when breastfeeding. Ensure that baby gets fed every three to four hourly.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|