Q. Shall I give cow's milk to my 3 months old baby?

Dr. Sirisha
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2020

Shall I give cow's milk to my 3 months old baby? Also, please suggest how to give it. I am breastfeeding my baby from birth and did not give lactogen too. Either cow milk or buffalo milk, which one is better?

#

• Cow's milk is not advisable up to 1 year of age at least. But, if you have no other option, you can give buffalo milk.
  • Three parts of milk and one part water. If you use milk packets, then the dilution mentioned is for full cream milk.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

My baby is 80 days old. How much should I feed daily? Shall I start giving rice cerelac to my baby?

#

• Only milk has to be given for first 6 months and no other food or cerelac.
  • You can give how much ever the baby takes. For example, mix 75 mL milk with 25 mL water that should be digested by the baby.
  • With more diluted milk we do not expect weight gain. Also, if it is very concentrated, then they cannot digest.
  • Your kid might be taking 100 to 120 mL, every 3 to 4 hours or even more and might increase with age.
  • If any problem after starting the milk, then you might show to your doctor for further suggestion. As the digestive capacity varies from person to person.

For further doubts consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

We will not use packet milk. We get pure buffalo milk, which is full fat.

#

• Then, mix in 3:1 ratio only.

|