Q. Please advise treatment for high fever, nausea and gas due to food poisoning.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

I am traveling and got hit by food poisoning this afternoon. I have high fever, nausea and gas trouble. Kindly help me with the right medication.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. There are many causes of high fever and nausea which needs to be ruled out. I suggest you check your complete blood count, liver function test, malarial parasite. If any of the tests come abnormal, please consult a physician.

You can take tablet Pantocid DSR (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) twice daily for five days about thirty minutes before meals. You can also take syrup Sucrafil 10 ml thrice daily. Take tablet Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 mg three times daily for three days after food. Consult a physician if no relief or symptoms worsen. Drink a lot of water. Avoid tea and coffee, soft drinks. Avoid oily, spicy food.

Food poisoning, viral fever, hepatitis.

Complete blood count, liver function test, malarial parasite.

|