Q. Please advise treatment for high fever, nausea and gas due to food poisoning.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Published on Nov 17, 2018

I am traveling and got hit by food poisoning this afternoon. I have high fever, nausea and gas trouble. Kindly help me with the right medication.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. There are many causes of high fever and nausea which needs to be ruled out. I suggest you check your complete blood count, liver function test, malarial parasite. If any of the tests come abnormal, please consult a physician.

You can take tablet Pantocid DSR (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) twice daily for five days about thirty minutes before meals. You can also take syrup Sucrafil 10 ml thrice daily. Take tablet Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 mg three times daily for three days after food. Consult a physician if no relief or symptoms worsen. Drink a lot of water. Avoid tea and coffee, soft drinks. Avoid oily, spicy food.

Food poisoning, viral fever, hepatitis.

Complete blood count, liver function test, malarial parasite.

| 

Watery Diarrhea - Not Always Due to Food Poisoning

Article Overview: Did you know that watery diarrhea can be due to a severe condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency? Read the article to know more about this condition. Read Article

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

A person having watery diarrhea may think it is simply a tummy flu. But things can be even more serious than just a gastrointestinal tract infection. Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) means indigestion of food caused by the lack of digestive enzymes that normally are produced by the pancreas. ...  Read Article

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article