Food Stuck In Throat

Why do I feel like something is stuck in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor,I feel as if there is something stuck or moving in my throat around the back of the¬†mouth to the Adam's apple. It has been bothering me for a few days. There is no pain associated with it, just the feeling as if something is moving up and down my throat. It goes down if I swallow, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A foreign body sensation or a feeling of something stuck in the throat is a very common complaint. There are so many causes like acid reflux, pharyngitis and allergic rhinitis that could cause the feeling. I suggest: You take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg on an ...  Read Full »

What causes the feeling of something stuck in the chest?

Query: Hello, I feel like something is always stuck in my chest, I have had EKG, Chest xray, and EGD procedure that showed I had a small Hernia and my LES was somewhat open and they use forceps to close it with good success according to the notes in my medical records. I was prescribed Omeprazol. which n...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi sir Welcome to icliniq Thank you for writing us. I studied your case you have described everything in details. There can be various factors which need to be closed in your case. If you are having it since long then it has became chronic GERD . In chronic GERD mainly the normal tissue or layer i...  Read Full »

Will recurrent tonsillitis cause throat irritation with feeling of something stuck in throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. I am suffering from throat irritations for the last three months. I feel like something got stuck in my throat and I feel like phlegm, but it is not coming out. I am not using pillows when I sleep, if I use pillows I am feeling stiffness in my throat. I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. You may be suffering from chronic pharyngitis with tonsillitis. This chronic pharyngitis may lead to irritation in the throat and foreign body sensation. Other possibilities like acid reflux, or postnasal discharge, or sleep apnea may als...  Read Full »

Should tingling sensation in the throat be a cause for concern?

Query: I am having feeling of something stuck and tingling sensation in throat for last two days. I have not travelled anywhere else other than shopping trips. I have been having phlegm in the morning after getting up for almost last one year. I have bad habit of occasional mucophagy. Am I having any reaso...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hello thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from stuck and tingling sensation in throat. this is usually from an irritation of the mucous membranes of the throat,oesophaus or trachea.u may experience the symptom because of extra mucous i...  Read Full »

Why do I get a feeling of food stuck in throat post acid reflux treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from acid reflex for many years but it increased last month. I am positive for H.Pylori antigen and also food regurgitation. I visited a doctor and he prescribed Nexium, Dimperodone, and Amoxil 1 g and Levofloxacin. Now I feel like food stuck in the throat and if I stop...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I did review the lab tests and prescription you added (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So your symptoms are suggestive of gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Further to specify, it is PPI responsive GERD because you respond to PPI drug which is N...  Read Full »

What is the chance of my vitamin intake went down the respiratory pipe?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I swallowed a vitamin down the wrong pipe. I took several vitamins. One of which might have gone down the wrong pipe. I felt discomfort so I started drinking water to help it go down. Then I still feel like it was stuck so I forced myself to throw up and one of the vitamins ca...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you have any coughing or choking sensation during the consumption of tablets? It is unlikely to have gone in any wrong pipe, as there are only two pipes, one is respiratory and the other is a food pipe. If it has not gone into respiratory then it must have gon...  Read Full »

What causes chest tightness, throat itchiness, and the feeling of something stuck in the throat?

Query: I'm a 23 years old female. For almost a month i've been experiencing thightness of chest, itchiness of throat and i feel there is something stuck at my throat. I am currently taking zykast for the itchiness of the throat. I also have a health history of asthma and allergies.  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. As you have mentioned, you are worried about your symptoms. Considering your history and previous symptoms, you may be having asthma as well as pharyngitis, at present. I would still advise you some investigations to confirm the diagnosis. And, if you are suffering fro...  Read Full »

What causes the feeling of something stuck in the throat and metallic taste?

Query: Good Afternoon, I have few symptoms for a month like sour or metallic tongue usually when I eat some food. I feel like I have something stack in my throat and I don't feel like eating anything. I feel short of breath however, some relief if I burp, i also have to clear phlegm from my throat all ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear, I welcome you to icliniq. It seems there is problem within your food pipe. Acid reflux, regurgitation of food, choking and freqenut salivation and sometime vomiting are all symotoms related to food pipe (esophagus). Metallic taste of tongue, food stuck and diffculty in swallowing are j...  Read Full »

Can GERD result in the feeling of something stuck in the throat?

Query: Hi, I have a problem in throat for the last one month, Initially, i have a stomach problem, so i Just start Stomach relief medicine, like Rebicid and Gavascone Syrup. I feel better after some days and now my stomach is good, but i have a problem in the throat, i feels like some thing stuck in my t...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Your prediction is almost as right as what I am also considering. The most common reason of having this irritation in throat with a feeling of lump or something obstructing while swallowing can definelty be a feature of chronic GERD. Eve though you might asymptomatic in between, the inflammat...  Read Full »

What could cause the feeling of something stuck in the throat after eating bread?

Query: Hi doctor, I was eating wheat bread sandwich last night. After eating, I felt like something was stuck on my throat. I slept on it and the next day, I still feel that something is stuck like a knife feel. I am currently on Effexor 3 mg and Mirtazapine 7.5 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bread could have caused injury to the posterior pharyngeal wall or larynx. Can you send me a picture of your throat?  Read Full »