Q. I feel as if something is moving in my throat. It is bothering me a lot. Please help.

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I feel as if there is something stuck or moving in my throat around the back of the mouth to the Adam's apple. It has been bothering me for a few days. There is no pain associated with it, just the feeling as if something is moving up and down my throat. It goes down if I swallow, and comes up if I let it.

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

A foreign body sensation or a feeling of something stuck in the throat is a very common complaint.

There are so many causes like acid reflux, pharyngitis and allergic rhinitis that could cause the feeling.

I suggest:

1. You take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg on an empty stomach for 10 days.
  2. Tablet Montelukast-Levocetrizine at bed time for 10 days.
  3. Warm saline gargles four times a day.
  4. Avoid spicy, oily food, and cold drinks.
  5. Avoid smoking.
  6. If symptoms do not get relieved even after five days, take a course of tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|