Q. I feel as if something is moving in my throat. It is bothering me a lot. Please help.

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh
Published on Aug 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 07, 2019

I feel as if there is something stuck or moving in my throat around the back of the mouth to the Adam's apple. It has been bothering me for a few days. There is no pain associated with it, just the feeling as if something is moving up and down my throat. It goes down if I swallow, and comes up if I let it.

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

A foreign body sensation or a feeling of something stuck in the throat is a very common complaint.

There are so many causes like acid reflux, pharyngitis and allergic rhinitis that could cause the feeling.

I suggest:

1. You take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg on an empty stomach for 10 days.
  2. Tablet Montelukast-Levocetrizine at bed time for 10 days.
  3. Warm saline gargles four times a day.
  4. Avoid spicy, oily food, and cold drinks.
  5. Avoid smoking.
  6. If symptoms do not get relieved even after five days, take a course of tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Why am I having blurred vision on fourth day of foreign body removal from cornea?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went to an ophthalmologist to have a foreign body removed from my cornea. I have been applying the overnight cream and drops during the day but on day four, my vision appears to be more blurry. Is this a normal part of healing?  Read Full »

Will Silver nitrate cure granulation with pharyngitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine?  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »