Q. What diet can be followed to help lower cholesterol?

Dr. Vishal Wadi

I am having a high borderline cholesterol. Can you suggest me a diet chart? I have attached reports herewith.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your weight is on the higher side that is one of the reasons for high cholesterol.

Here are a few nutritional tips:

• Stop consuming packed and processed foods like bakery and confectionary items.
  • If you take non-vegetarian foods, minimise it.
  • Reduce the intake of all milk products. Cholesterol is high in all animal foods including milk.
  • Increase intake of fruits and raw vegetables, at least three servings a day before three main meals. This will help you in reducing weight and cholesterol.

Please feel free to contact again for any further help.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

|